Ricardo’s Letter B Word Grid™ app
Learn to read & spell 24 ‘ab, eb, ib, ob, ub’ 3-letter word family words with interactive lessons and rewards
Apple Store coming soon | Google Play coming soon – app currently being updated!
In Ricardo’s Letter B Word Grid™ app, 24 short vowel 3-letter English words, are introduced to children, in an engaging and interactive way using Ricardo’s English Word Grid™ phonics-based learning system.
It is unique and revolutionary in education, as each word is taught in a very organised and systematic way.
All 24 words are simply referenced or grouped in two ways:
- Horizontally, by the onset or first letter beginning sound in the word, ie. when reading across the grid, a child will learn to read and spell all the words in that row that start with that specific letter, like ‘b’ for bib, Bob, bub and;
- Vertically, by the rime or word family word ending, ie when reading down the grid, a child will learn to read and spell the words that belong to a specific rhyming word family, like Bob and cob;
The app relates to Chapter 1 of my book, ‘Learn to Read and Spell with Ricardo’s English Word Grid™ Volume 1 Reference Book’ where the Letter B Meets the Short Vowels to make 24 ‘ab, eb, ib, ob, ub’ rhyming words.
Excellent for teaching ESL and relates to Foundation and Year 1 Level Content Descriptions in the Australian English Curriculum.
- Songs – New Letter B Word Families’ songs will be released in a future update of this app, so stay tuned!
- Lessons - beginner level 1 and advanced level 2. Four lessons use the word grid system and one lesson uses all 24 words on flash cards.
- Rewards - children complete lessons to earn cheeses to purchase colouring-ins, Ricardo animations or memory card games.
Children will be thoroughly immersed with ample opportunities to develop their ability to read, write and spell all 24 short vowel 3-letter ‘ab, eb, ib, ob, ub' words in the English language.
Important to Note:
- The app is part of a phonics-based learning system providing lots of opportunity, for children to practise and further develop their early literacy skills – letter recognition, letter-sound association, onset and rime word building and decoding skills. There is excellent research supporting how important phonics-based programs are for learning to read successfully.
- There is no in-app purchases or live streaming as I am extremely aware of your child’s online safety and protection.
- Children will enjoy exploring the interactive touch events throughout the app ie. word family marching characters and various animals and toys next to the word grids in each lesson.
NB: Due to screen size issues, the touch events, next to the word grids, in the lessons section are disabled for ipads.
- A healthy balance of ‘screen’ time with “active play time” is encouraged? How you ask?
Check out the Ricardo Animation Rewards section. In each animation, Ricardo is doing something active as a gentle reminder to children of the fun, they can have when they simply enjoy playing with balloons, hoops and cardboard boxes. Children can also watch Ricardo hand feed a kangaroo, which is a native Australian animal. *Warning: Only hand feed a kangaroo, in a zoo, supervised by an adult.
Movement-based activities, are important for promoting the development of eye-hand co-ordination and fine motor skills which are essential for successful reading, writing and spelling.
We trust children all over the world will enjoy learning their 3-letter 'ab, eb, ib, ob, ub' rhyming word family words using this app and book together.
We would love to hear from you!
Ricardo Reading Mouse, his character and RRM logo are all registered trademarks.
4 to 6 Years
Foundation, Kindergarten, Pre-school, Prep, Year 1
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.